Well, you could knock me down with a feather. Despite announcing that the Colm Tóibín International Short Story Award shortlist would be revealed in a week’s time, the organisers of the Wexford Literary Festival actually released it yesterday – and there was yours truly’s name on it.
It’s the second time around for me, as I was also on the shortlist last year, with my writing group pal Lourdes Mackey taking third prize for a superb historical story. Now I’m looking forward to another trip to lovely Enniscorthy at the end of May for the announcement of the winners. Exciting!
Here’s the shortlist:
- Angel of Chartres by Lorcan Byrne
- Time Heals by Pamela Hobbs
- Bitter Truth by Tricia Hagan
- Horses by Sally Jubb
- Variable Stars by Rose Stevens
- The Handshake Men by Robert Barrett
- Aliens Like Myself by Helen Lahert
- A Simple Loss Of Balance by Anne O’Leary
- The Sniper by Michelle Coyne
- To Memorise A Skylark by Niamh MacCabe